A collaborative project of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute (UWPHI), the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, are now available at www.countyhealthrankings.org. The 2017 Wisconsin Summary Report provides a brief state-level overview, including the following cancer-related indicators:
- Adult smoking rate (17% U.S. - 17% WI)
- Adult obesity (31% U.S. - 30% WI)
- Physical inactivity (26% U.S. - 20% WI)
- Excessive drinking (17% U.S. - 24% WI)
- Mammography screening among Medicare enrollees age 67-69 (61% U.S. - 72% WI)
Most notably, Wisconsin has considerably higher rates of excessive drinking than the national average. To see how your Wisconsin county ranks click here.