Webinar on Priority 8 – Increase access to genetic risk assessments and counseling
Thank you to those who joined the WI CCC Plan Priority Webinar on December 13, 2016. The webinar featured Jennifer Geurts, MS, CGC, from the Medical College of Wisconsin and Deb Wham from Aurora Health Care. The two provided an overview of cancer genetic risk, in alignment with WI CCC Plan Priority 8 – Increasing access to genetic risk assessments and counseling. A recording of the webinar can be found HERE or by visiting the 2016 WI CCC Priority Webinar Series Page.
About the 2016 WI CCC Plan Priority Webinar Series
Throughout 2016, the WI CCC Program offered a webinar series for partners and WI Cancer Council members. The webinars gave participants the opportunity to learn more about priorities within the WI CCC Plan 2015-2020. Thank you to all of the speakers who presented throughout the year:
- Increase HPV vaccine completion: Sarah Mroz, MPH - WI Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
- Increase advance care planning: Erin Aagesean, MS, MPH - Honoring Choices WI
- Increase use of recommended cancer screenings: Jennifer Weiss, MD - UW School of Medicine and Public Health and Allison Antoine, Center for Urban Population health
- Increase awareness and knowledge of issues relevant to cancer survivors: Lannia Stenz - Gilda's Club Madison, Vicki Kennedy, LCSW - Cancer Support Community, and Chris Dammert - Patient Planning Services
- Decrease high risk alcohol consumption: Julia Sherman - WI Alcohol Policy Project, Dr. Noelle LoConte, MD - WI Comprehensive Cancer Control Program and Dr. David H Jernigan, MD - Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth
- Increase access to genetic risk assessments and counseling: Jennifer Geurts, MS, CGC - Medical College of Wisconsin and Deb Wahm - Aurora Health Care
For more information about the 2016 WI CCC Plan Priority webinar Series, including a full list of recordings, click here. Be sure to watch upcoming newsletters for information regarding upcoming webinars.