A monthly networking webinar series from the WI Cancer Council. Network with fellow members without leaving your desk!
Join us the second Thursday of every month, from 10-11 am Central Time. Connect with other members, learn about a new approach to cancer control, ask a burning question, share your knowledge and unique point of view.
Think of this as a virtual coffee klatch — you bring the coffee, we’ll spark the conversation.
SEPTEMBER 12, 2019
Cancer Policy in Wisconsin
Join us for an overview of health- and cancer-related items in the 2019-2021 Wisconsin state budget, and learn more about cancer-related legislation currently pending before the state legislature.
- H.J. Waukau, Manager of Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs with the Wisconsin Medical Society; 2019-2020 WI Cancer Council Policy Committee Chair.
- Amy Johnson, Policy Coordinator with the WI Comprehensive Cancer Control Program and WI Cancer Council.
- 10-11 am
- Register here
AUGUST 8, 2019
E-Cigarettes & Tobacco in Wisconsin
Join us for the August Networking Webinar, and learn more about current trends related to e-cigarettes and tobacco, as well as policy opportunities to address the e-cigarette epidemic and reduce tobacco-related health disparities.
Sandy Bernier, Tobacco Prevention & Control Program Coordinator, Fond du Lac County Health Department; and Darcie K.G. Warren, Partnership for a Tobacco Free WI Coordinator, American Lung Association
JULY 11, 2019
Decreasing Cancer Screening Disparities: Success Stories
Join us for the July Networking Webinar to hear success stories from our 2018-2019 Implementation Grantees! As part of our Action Plan to Decrease Cancer Screening Disparities, we funded six health care systems working to reduce screening disparities in their clinics. Join us to hear what they accomplished, what they learned, and how you can apply their successes to your own work.
With special guests from: Access Community Health Centers, Gundersen Health System, Kenosha Community Health Centers, Lakeshore Community Health Center, NorthLakes Community Health Centers, & Scenic Bluffs Community Health Center
JUNE 20, 2019
Feedback Session: WI Cancer Plan 2020-2030
MAY 9, 2019
Cancer Survivorship & the WI Cancer Summit
- View the recording
- View the slides
- Handout: Equitably Improving Outcomes for Cancer Survivors and Supporting Caregivers: A Blueprint for Care Delivery, Research, Education, and Policy
- Handout: Long-Term Survivorship Care After Cancer Treatment – Summary of a 2017 National Cancer Policy Forum Workshop
- Handout: Survivorship Science at the NIH: Lessons Learned From Grants Funded in FY 2016
APRIL 11, 2019
All About Alcohol & Cancer
MARCH 14, 2019
Colorectal Cancer Screening
FEB. 14, 2019
Driven by Data: A Progress Report on the WI Cancer Plan
JAN. 10, 2019
Decreasing Barriers to Specialty Care for People Without Health Insurance
DEC. 11, 2018
Cancer Screening Disparities