MCW Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Legacy Event
January 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
See Yourself in MLK’s Legacy of Service:
Health Starts from Within
Monday, January 18, 2021 | Zoom Meeting
Program: 4–5:30 p.m.
Now more than ever, we need to remain connected with one another. We are excited for you to join us for the annual MCW Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Legacy Event on Monday, January 18, 2021, at 4 p.m. This year’s theme will be “See Yourself in MLK’s Legacy of Service: Health Starts from Within.”
As we reflect on MLK’s legacy, we will:
- Ponder and celebrate how 2020 has made us more resilient and brought out the best in us and the Milwaukee community.
- Hear stories of courage and commitment in service from the Milwaukee community, MCW students and leadership. Presenters include:
- John Longo, MD, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Leah Lalor, MD, Department of Dermatology
- Laura Grogan, Medical Student, Milwaukee Campus
- Clyde Anderson, Sherman Phoenix
- Participate in dialogue around supporting one of MCW’s strategic priorities: Health Starts from Within.
- Share how we can embrace caring for one another and ourselves come what may.
- Honor Yvette Williams, Office of Student Inclusion and Diversity, who has maintained MCW’s MLK Day programming for many years.
- Enjoy inspiring entertainment from local community advocates and trailblazers, Milwaukee-based sister duo SistaStrings, as well as a few surprise special guests!