Building a Healthier Community Webinar: Urban Gardening
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The American Cancer Society is pleased to present a FREE professional development webinar series titled Building A Healthier Community which aims to provide Community Health Workers information and resources on a variety of topics identified from previous CHW event surveys.
- Each webinar will require you to register separately. Pre-registration is required and limited.
- Each webinar will begin at 11am CST with a 30 minute presentation followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers. An optional networking session will follow to provide participants the opportunity to share and engage.
- Participants will have the opportunity to win a prize that promotes a healthy lifestyle at each webinar.
The first topic of our webinar series is Urban Gardening. This is the perfect time of year to learn about opportunities to grow healthy food in your neighborhood from our community partner, Damien DeBuhr at Groundwork Milwaukee. This session will highlight:
- What is urban gardening and what are the benefits
- Who is Groundwork Milwaukee
- How does Groundwork Milwaukee work with community gardens
- How can community health workers connect clients to community gardens
Please REGISTER HERE to attend the Urban Gardening Webinar. See the attached event flyer to pass along to your fellow Community Health Workers.