Announcing the blueprint for our policy work through 2020
We will formally release the WI Cancer Council's new Policy Agenda at the Regional Meetings later this month, but we're excited to share a sneak peek with you now!
Our Policy Committee and Program staff have worked hard to craft this agenda, which will guide the Council's policy-related work through 2020.
Here are our five main policy goals for the next two years:
- Create environments that discourage excessive alcohol use.
- Maximize access to the HPV vaccine by removing patient and provider barriers.
- Increase the quality, availability, and effective use of health insurance coverage for cancer prevention, screening, and treatment.
- Support partner policy efforts to limit youth access to e-cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Support initiatives that advance quality cancer care.
Does some of this sound familiar? It should! Many of these policy goals were crafted to support the Council's four Action Plans. You can learn more about the Action Plans and the specific objectives in the Policy Agenda at the Regional Meetings.
The WI Cancer Council's Policy Committee works, in part, by educating decision makers, tracking legislation, and giving Council members the tools you need to raise awareness in your communities. Look for our in-depth review of what the Policy Committee will be tackling next - and how to get involved - in next month's issue of ENGAGE.