Is your hospital interested in increasing your farm to hospital initiatives? This online resource guide can connect you to the tools and resources to get started.
Launched in March 2016, the Farm to Hospital Community of Practice brings together hospitals from around the state to learn and share about Farm to Hospital strategies, including procuring local fruits & vegetables, starting an onsite garden, hosting a community supported agriculture share (CSA) and much more. While this Community of Practice concluded in the spring 2017, many of the resources, tools and success stories are available in the Farm to Hospital Resource Guide.
Additional Farm to Hospital Resources:
- Creating Healthy Hospital Environments: Making Healthier Food, Beverage, and Physical Activity Choices: a toolkit from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Healthy Hospital Food and Beverage Environment Scan from the CDC
- A Step-by-Step Guide: Using the Healthy Hospital, Food, Beverage, and Physical Activity Environment Scans from the CDC
- Farm to Hospital from the Institute for Agriculture & Trade Policy
- Farm to Hospital Infographic